Film professionals and studios agree to implement COVID-19 protocols and return to production.
The Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (
“As a consequence of the agreement, the studios will be making a substantial investment in testing, redesigned workplaces, COVID-19 sick leave, quarantine pay and other safeguards designed to facilitate the safe resumption of production and enable the industry to recover and grow.”
Specifics of the agreement include:
- Employees who are required to quarantine or isolate at the request of a production must receive quarantine pay.
- All employees will receive 10 days of COVID-19 sick leave.These 10 days can be used if the employee tests positive, exhibits symptoms, self-quarantines or when another member of their household tests positive.
- All cast and crew will undergo a COVID-19 test before filming begins and will be repeatedly tested throughout the production. These will be lab-based PCR tests, and antigen or antibody tests will not be acceptable.
- Productions will implement a “zone” system that that establishes A, B, C and D areas based on proximity to cast, level of testing, PPE and the extent to which physical distancing can be observed in the performance of their work.
- Each production will have at least one assigned COVID-19 compliance officer who will ensure that the zone system is properly implemented, social distancing is followed and all team members are aware of guideline updates.